Our vision is to better integrate the station into the town centre, provide new homes (including affordable homes) and improve the public realm through high quality landscaped spaces around the station. More information can be found on our website but this is about to be updated to reflect changes to our proposals.
It is extremely important to us that our proposals provide real benefit to the community. We want to deliver:
- New homes on brownfield land, preventing urban sprawl and preventing building on the Green Belt.
- Affordable housing, 40 per cent of the new homes will be affordable tenure homes helping to meet local need, supporting a mixed and inclusive community. We will provide a mix of social and affordable rented homes, as well as shared ownership properties suitable for first time buyers.
- Helping locals stay in the area, we will ensure homes are marketed first to local people through the Mayor’s ‘first dibs’ initiative.
- A sustainable development, that uses renewable forms of energy and carefully designed to minimise environmental impact.
- Safer and improved access to the High Street and station through new crossings and improvements to the Nether Street Junction.
- Increased footfall for local business, by improving pedestrian routes along the High Street and to and from the station we will encourage footfall.
- New facilities available for community use, not just new residents. These include a cafe, retail and leisure space, affordable workspace and cycle hub.
- Support for local infrastructure through Section 106 and CIL payments. We will be working with Barnet Council and local people to ensure this is put towards projects that the area needs.